View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #30
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I don't think Zod has the depth of knowledge Brainiac has, nor the connection to Kal El's father.

The emotionless part for me is more interesting as it's the polar opposite of the heart on the sleeve nature of Superman, or the power hungry ego centric villain.

In truth though I wasn't trying to convince you of the themes I find interesting, I was just answering your question of why I'd like Brainiac to be the villain in a sequel.
Yeah I know, like I said, I can see that obviously you have good reasons to like him, and it's just a matter of taste.

I'm gonna try and read some more brainiac related stories, maybe revisit brainiac centric episodes of STAS. See if I can't stir up a little interest myself.

Sure, they are interesting questions that I don't mind seeing in an elseworlds GN. But as a theme for the film that is kicking off the tone of the whole JL, and in a film that is presenting Superman to the general audience in a way that current generations will remember him?
I just don't like it. It's dark, it's depressing and it's not how I like the tone of Superman films to be.'
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote