View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #30
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I don't think Zod has the depth of knowledge Brainiac has, nor the connection to Kal El's father.

The emotionless part for me is more interesting as it's the polar opposite of the heart on the sleeve nature of Superman, or the power hungry ego centric villain.

In truth though I wasn't trying to convince you of the themes I find interesting, I was just answering your question of why I'd like Brainiac to be the villain in a sequel.
Yeah I know, like I said, I can see that obviously you have good reasons to like him, and it's just a matter of taste.

I'm gonna try and read some more brainiac related stories, maybe revisit brainiac centric episodes of STAS. See if I can't stir up a little interest myself.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote