View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #28
8Diagrams(WU)
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) -

Seen it twice. Its a good flick and it does catch that stan lee comic book fun aspect. Ill wait till dvd time since im hella broke.

Standouts:
-The movie had very good dialogue. No cheeseball lines and pretty cool delivery in some! (felt like firefly!)
-Excellent characterization: Each character made had a very defined personality which is good. Cap's lines were great. It makes perfect sense that Stark and Banner would relate to each otehr and have a lot to talk about both being science men.
-The Hulk not being an uncontrollable brute is the way to go. Mark Millar has got to have the worst take on the hulk ever.
-Hulk looked good in CGI.

Critique:
-Lacks substance in a big way. Overwhelming action, underwhelming plot.
-Nothing thought provoking.
-Over use of jokes that dont really have anything to do with anything and seemed a bit random. It felt a bit Michael Bay-ish in that regard.

I suspect that once the hype for this blockbuster dies the flaws become more apparent, but Ill enjoy it as much as I can for the time being. This was a first and I aint letting that sweet feeling go just yet!

8Diagrams(WU) is offline   Reply With Quote