View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #33
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) -

Now that the hype has fairly died down, and I've seen the movie again. I want to say, this movie was freakin' balls to wall awesome sliced with insanity.

Iron Man was portrayed perfectly, his relationship with Banner was his best show of his character to me, his standout being the nuke through the portal. It's something I would really like to see explored in the next Iron Man film if Hulk doesn't get another.

Cap was great, and I loved the "I understood that reference". But something about Cap just seemed incomplete, however I haven't read much Cap, so perhaps I'm just missing out. However, he truly was portrayed as the natural born leader that he is.

Thor seemed to just sort of be there for parts of the film. He just sort of appeared out of nowhere without any real explanation, and he, to me, didn't really seem to fit until the climax, the other three, despite differences still seemed to sort of mesh. But it all worked out in the end. His interaction with Loki was great.

Ruffalo was all kinds of awesome. He has surpassed Norton in every way. Plus I liked that they seem to be going down the symbiosis route between Hulk and Banner, I truly hope more of that is explored if there is a next film. Or again, to see him interact with Stark again would be great.

Loki was just great. His first scene with Thor showed that he is still motivated by his petty desire for vengeance because he believes he was loved less. But with the twisted insane edge he had actually made him fearsome, especially with the Widow scene, he became downright evil and seemed to literally spew venom at her. His threat did seemed diminished by the fact his power seemed to be downplayed next to Thor.

Overall 9.4/10, this has definitely tied to the top spot in my favourite superhero films.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote