View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #35
Art Damage
Turtle Power

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) -

I've seen it twice now. I've enjoyed it because it was all summer blockbuster movies should be, smart popcorn action flicks. It didn't dumb down itself for the audience and got you right in the middle of the intensity of everything without having to hit you over the head with exposition. All of the characters flowed together nicely and everything was well thought out and executed nicely.

That being said, I don't know how many times I'll want to revisit this film. I'm sure I'll eventually buy the blu-ray for this movie and enjoy but I seem to get a little bored each time with the last half hour of the film even though it's the most action packed. I liked it a lot more the second time I went to go see it as opposed to the first midnight showing (which was full of kind of annoying people so maybe that rendered my opinion?) but something about it doesn't fully connect with me.

Yet I don't want to ***** too much, it's gotta be one of the greatest comic book movies ever made and certainly in a top five list for sure...it was the one I was looking forward to third (TDKR -1, ASM - 2) this summer but it was a truly pleasant surprise.

8 out of 10.

24 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Art Damage is offline   Reply With Quote