View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #66
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Default Re: Why Mark Ruffalo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Yeah unfortunately that's just the way it is. But as I said before, if it was the other way around, and Norton was the one to play Banner in the Avengers, people would be praising him saying "he is the best one to date."

Ruffalo just does not feel like Bruce Banner at all.

As long as we're doing picture comparisons,

To me, Ruffalo resembles Bixby's Banner as much as Norton resembled comicbook Banner so in terms of physical representation there is a precedent. Avengers Banner looks like the Banner from a previous TV show as opposed to the comics (not an issue for me as Bixby was God - come to think of it you say you also love Bixby the most so I wouldve thought Ruffalo would have been right up your street, tbh ). All this 'I couldnt buy him as Banner as he didnt look like him' stuff that I read on occasion on these boards doesnt really hold water as far as I'm concerned.

Following on from that, in terms of performance I just dont get your critique of MR either as he absolutely nailed it. Yes, so did Norton (no arguement there) and both were excellent as the Banners they were playing but that's the key thing - the Banners they were playing were in very different places, emotionally.

He didnt feel like the character? He looked uninterested?

You're entitled to your opinion obviously but I'm scratching my head at it.