View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #95
LauraT
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation

Quote:
But this is how it typically is. A person is cast or a director/writer is chosen, and upon announcement every fan comes out to post vitrol. I'm taking a "wait and see" approach to it. I'm definitely not sold, but I do love their work so much that I'm going to keep my mind open about what they can bring to the Cap franchise.
I agree, that goes for most actors they cast too, lots of hand wringing over Chris Evans after he was cast IIRC. The choice does seem to come out of left field but if they want a slightly more Avenger-y style Cap then these two are potentially a good choice but we'll have to wait and see. I hadn't thought about seeing potential future Joss Whedon's but it's true Community does a lot of genre jokes and shoutouts.

Quote:
with the Russo Brothers likely directing Cap 2... It wouldn't be hard to see Marvel casting Gillian Jacobs as Sharon Carter since it was never confirmed Carter has been shown on screen yet.. Cobie Smudlers best known for her sitcom How I Met Your Mother was cast as SHIELD agent Maria Hill so it's not hard to think they'd cast a supporting character like Carter from television shows..
She could work. Do we think Maria Hill will be in this since it's supposed to involve SHIELD?