View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #98
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraT View Post
I agree, that goes for most actors they cast too, lots of hand wringing over Chris Evans after he was cast IIRC. The choice does seem to come out of left field but if they want a slightly more Avenger-y style Cap then these two are potentially a good choice but we'll have to wait and see. I hadn't thought about seeing potential future Joss Whedon's but it's true Community does a lot of genre jokes and shoutouts.

She could work. Do we think Maria Hill will be in this since it's supposed to involve SHIELD?
The impression I have is that they've combined the SHIELD film with CAP2.. so expect Hill, Widow, Hawkeye, Fury and new characters all in the mix for the sequel..not to mention some flashbacks to unseen WWII missions with the Howling Commandos..

the current rumors concerning new characters seem to be The Falcon, Black Panther, Sharon Carter and maybe Modok.. the latter I wouldn't be so sure of as Baron Strucker and Zemo had been in original drafts of First Avenger only to be cut out... My theory is that Cap could create a present day unit aka The Invaders going up against A.I.M./Hydra which is led by Strucker..A.I.M. could have a sleeper in the world counsel which might have Rogers questioning his loyalties to SHIELD along with the fact they're trying to create their Hydra-type weapons...I also believe that Winter Soldier could make an apparence but I assume they'll want to save some stuff for the third film...

Marvel is notorious for going bigger with each new installment so expect this sequel to be bigger than First Avenger in every way...given the fact the origin isn't eating 30 or so minutes of screentime this round

Last edited by Christopher_M; 06-07-2012 at 09:08 PM.