View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
But that essentialy what this thread is

Ive seen alot of hate on her over the years. . Rachel was introduced in DOFP and is a big part of that story. If there was ever a reaosn to put her in it would be DOFP. Thats why I put her there. With a franchise that randomly pics mutants and throws them in logic hasnt really played that part in all fairness.
I know, and I'm hoping DoFP clears that up a bit.

But Rachel seems odd to me, because the Jean and Scott we know from the future didn't have a daughter, and we haven't yet met the Jean and Scott from the First Class series. So you are asking the mainstream audience to accept that somewhere there was another Jean and Scott... And since the characters in First Class haven't even met Jean and Scott, how will they accept a daughter.

"Hi, I'm Rachel Summers. I'm the daughter of Scott, who you don't yet know but is the brother of Alex, who you do know - except you didn't know he had a brother - and Jean, who you don't yet know but is the lover of Scott, except you didn't know that yet. Got that."

LOL

I just think it's too confusing.