View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I know, and I'm hoping DoFP clears that up a bit.

But Rachel seems odd to me, because the Jean and Scott we know from the future didn't have a daughter, and we haven't yet met the Jean and Scott from the First Class series. So you are asking the mainstream audience to accept that somewhere there was another Jean and Scott... And since the characters in First Class haven't even met Jean and Scott, how will they accept a daughter.
I disagree DOFP will have different takes on many characters that people will have to accept. Saying this is the Daughter of Scott and Jean in an alternate Universe is not that confusing if they have a part for her. Thats all you need to know. Look at how they present back stories to Emma Frost, Havok and Banshee. They rarely go in detail on anyone.How does the general audience even know Havok is Cycs brother? They could even mention her name and not even mention whos daughter she is, since the GA probably wont care in the long haul. Her parents would be probably dead anyway whatever universe they are in. If they wanted to use her at all in the film series DOFP is probably her only chance. She makes more sense to me then others. I would also like to see Nathan Summers who you could probably make the same arguments about.

Being logical as you said earlier to figure out a film that we know next to nothing about that uses possible time travel, different timlines and could litterly go any way it wants with introducing new characters in a franchise that seems to already pick its Mutants at random is a lil bit difficult, and is anyones call at this point. Its nothing more then personal preference. Using characters who are from the actual DOFP story, would not be a bad way to start discussing imo.

Last edited by def28; 06-09-2012 at 09:41 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote