View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #121
LauraT
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation

Having gone back and rewatched both "A fistfull of Paintballs" and ""For a Few Paintballs More" I am definitely a lot more excited if the ability to mix tone, genre, non linear plot and character moments on display in those eps was one of the reasons they were hired for Cap 2. I'd forgotten how much of a trick is it to go from Western to Star Wars and make it work perfectly with the characters. This is not a sit com with a laugh track and two recycled jokes.

Quote:
So Feige figures Cap needs a sense of humor for CA2. I don't know if that's a *bad* thing yet; but it sure as hell is a new direction for Cap, wouldn't you say?
Sure if he starts acting like he's on "Two and a Half Men" but I thought Cap in Avengers was still recognisably himself from TFA, he was clearly the most earnest, serious and dedicated to the mission out of the entire cast. I don't think he'll studdenly start throwing out Tony Stark-esque one liners, but if they want to have a few "flying monkey" moments I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

Quote:
I think it's more likely that they simply had a great pitch for Cap 2, or that they have a good grasp of the character that Feige found impressive. The idea that they'd hire a pair of directors just to improve the yucks strikes me as abnormal.
Very likely. Hopefully when it is officially announced and/or at Comic Con well get more of an idea about where Marvel are going with this movie. I can still understand why people are and but I don't think they're either cheaping out or wanting to turn Cap into Tony just yet.