View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Default Re: I hope the next Captain America movie is a bit deeper then the first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
The first Captain America, to me seemed like a silly action adventure, that downplayed some of the horror of WWII in exchange to make for a more light hearted action flick. I hope the next movie is a bit deeper, there have been some interesting themes developed in the Captain America comics, like the idea that the American reality doesn't always reflect the American dream. Combine that with the man out of time angle and I think you would have a deeper film.
I get what you're saying, I think. I think it should have been more of a WW2 movie with Captain America in it than a Captain America movie in WW2. I don't think you would have had to sacrifice anything too much in terms of Steve Rogers or pre-war type of stuff that they showed.

. Not saying it had to be 'Saving Private Ryan' but I think the fact that it was WW2 should have been more prevalent.

I guess overall it should have been more of a true war movie which I think would have made Captain America EVEN MORE effective than he was