View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 01:34 AM   #122
mehrabix
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers cartoon - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
My ALONG CAME A SPIDER review is here: Keep in mind that when I mentioned certain episode themes, I didn't JUST mean superhero episodes. Plenty of other shows had the amnesia episode, the shrinking episode, the powerless episode, etc. Off the top of my head, HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE had HE-MAN'S QUEST as the amnesia episode, written by Paul Dini no less - and it was dreadful. Seriously, He-Man fights a purple rabbit named Plunder. FANTASTIC FOUR: WORLD'S GREATEST HEROES didn't have a everyone loses their powers episode, but they DID have a mind-swap episode (DOOMED), the shrinking episode (WORLD'S TINIEST HEROES), the amnesia episode (THE CURE), and the power-swap episode (BAIT AND SWITCH). Now, that isn't to say one can't make a good episode out of these endlessly repeated plots. THE CURE for instance was written by Dan Slott and was easily the best episode of the show. JLU did THE GREAT BRAIN ROBBERY swapping Flash's mind with Lex Luthor and it was also handled well. Usually, though, they wind up bland.
Thank you Dread for your wonderful reviews. you are the greatest!Two questions: 1- Is there anywhere else where I can read all your reviews? (I am especially interested in reading your reviews on Spectacular Spider-Man episodes)2- At what point do you think Mockingbird was replaced by Skrulls, before Fury left shield? After he left but before Cap was replaced? I have watched Widow's Sting and all the Skrull-related episodes several times and I am still in the dark!

mehrabix is offline   Reply With Quote