View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 04:57 AM   #154
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Default Re: Should this Superman kill? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Apologies for anyone that might be incensed for me resurrecting this thread, but I just wanted to say that after having seen "Superman vs. The Elite" animated film...THAT film is like the best example in the form of a medium that doesn't require someone to find and read a particular comic book issue to see as to why Superman should not and chooses not to kill his enemies that are sentient beings.
Completely agreed. So glad they decided to make it

I have to say, I may just be totally sad, but hearing Superman say one of my all time favourite lines out loud, sent a shiver down my spine. I cried. It was awesome

For those who haven't seen it, or read 'What's so funny about truth, justice and the american way', the line is:

"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear...until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share--I'll never stop fighting. Ever.'

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote