View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #35
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah, that could work . I def think there are ways she could be added if the studio wanted to use her.

What new characters do you want to see with the DOFP possibility?
Well, Rachel could work if it was also used as a way to bring in Scott and Jean, as I mentioned above. But that depends if they are using physical time travel in the story.

Fantomex is tricky, as far as I am concerned. He's part of a supersoldier program similar to the one that created Wolverine; his powers etc are a bit weird (illusion projection + three brains + a skilled marksman); and his codename isn't understandable (is it from Phantom X? or what?).

We should not include any of the New Mutants as they may get their own film, so that rules out a few.

Dazzler is a possible choice, but more linked to the disco scene of the 70s than the music of the 60s.

In terms of closeness to the early comics, there is Polaris, Sunfire and Thunderbird. But each has disadvantages. Polaris has similar powers to Magneto and unless the father-daughter (or one of them thinking they are related to the other) is made part of the story, it is duplication. Sunfire has similar energy-blasting powers to Havok. Thunderbird has unexciting powers.

Similarly, there is some duplication between Storm and Riptide, so Riptide has to go if we are to get Storm.

I think it's best to look at it from a view of what do they bring to the story that is new and useful.