View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #36
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

Not enough known right now to judge fully on the story and what they are doing but I think with a darker story line and future in DOFP, having more violent characters would be the better option. Just talking characters we havnt seen yet. Cable, Domino, Fantomex (yeah its said like Phantom X) and Psylocke could all work imo. Yeah you couldnt go into backstory on Fantomex. They rarely do with chracters anyways and his story and birth with The World is even more confusing. They could just say Weapon PLus or Weapon XIII if they want to allude to anything.

Sunfire could be cool and moving to the future could set up Mags having daughters if they want to keep that tie with Polaris. Like you said without the connection shes just a duplication of powers without explanation. In a violent world/future, having violent characters good or bad would make the most sense to me.

With Dazzler the disco thing depends on when FC2 takes place, adding her to the film would not just be beacuse of her genre of music but more for the fact she could be a celebrity and later be discovered as a mutant. Since she can kinda manipulate sound and her shows, being a lil a head of the music scene would make sense to me. Having her be the start of the disco music scene could work.

I really think any character could be added with what we know at this point haha. Thunderbird is the one I just dont get. Paying tribute to an earlier time of comics with a character who was in like three issues is a bit lost on me, and in a film version of DOFP that makes less sense.It would be cool to have a Native American but Warpath would just seem the better option to me. I had no idea Thunderbird had a fanbase. Thats cool if people want him Im not talking ****, I just dont get the appeal or reasoning. I dont think the character ever did much but get killed quick.

Last edited by def28; 06-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote