View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #47
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
All the characters have silly code names. Fantomex sounds pretty ****ing cool to me. I am a geek though haha. His name comes from Fantomas whos an old school french crime character and the ex Im guessing is since hes weapon XIII and part of the X men world. His name is perefct reference to who he is as a character. Hes a faux french thief, and resembles a character from the French Film Diabolik who is also based on Fantomas. Makes perfect sense why he would choose that name. Eva comes from the same reference as well I believe.
Most codenames describe powers or origins, and they make sense. As we saw in the 'pick a name' sequence in First Class.

Fantomex is a far less obvious a choice of name. But I guess they could say 'He calls himself Fantomex after a famous French thief' and hope the audience accepted it.

Quote:
Based on that alone I think hes perfect for any movie that needs a bad ass thief/kick ass character. Espeically with Vaughns backgorund and style. Hes also imo one of the most interesting written X characters in quite sometime. The Morrison run was kinda meh on explaining the character but Rick Remenders take is some of the best the X books have seen in over a decade. Complex awesome character. Have you read The Dark Angel Saga? If not I couldnt recommend it more. He would work great in a more violent X men setting or a stylized 60s imo. Since the core of his characters is similar to french 60s films, I would just cut the weird complicated origins and he would fit fine.
Right. He's obviously a favourite of yours. What powers would he have for the big screen?