View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #85
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I think it makes sense though. It's only just part of the motivation into why he doesn't do the wrong thing, and is actually fearful of it. Cause in being presented with either no choice in doing the wrong thing, Superman is fearful of failing in his parents eyes, and this fear is carried on to the world. It adds to the psychology and notion of 'good behaviour', and why Superman strongly enforces it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I think Superman can be fearful of doing the wrong thing, which is why he's so grounded in doing what's right. He was taught and instructed by the Kent's to always do the right thing. So it would be understandable that he's so against doing the wrong thing, cause he doesn't want to let them down.

It was just about adding layers to his psychology
I just think your twisting it into something very angsty.

It's fine to say that Superman got his good morals from his parents, and that the way they raised him has a lot to do with why he's so good.

It's weird to say that Superman sticks to good morals because he's afraid of his parents being dissapointed in him.

That sounds more like Dexter than Superman.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote