View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #93
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
That's definitely better than my explanation of it

I honestly think I used the wrong choice of words before. So I'll clarify it.

What I meant was, because we hear a lot of people saying they can't relate to Superman cause he's a boyscout, I was thinking, 'fine, so how about he can still be the boyscout, but make him relatable to people?'.

What I suggested was, but lost it somewhere was that he's an all round good guy to make his parents proud of him, not look bad in their eyes, cause he was raised with all the love and praise anyone could ask for, he tries extra hard in what he does.
Which I was hoping people would be able to relate to, but it's not a factor that needs to be included for Superman. I was hoping it would be something like an understanding of his motivations, for the ignorant. So back to the drawing board
ah.....I understand what you were going for better.

I'm all for making Superman more relatable, too.

even the concept of Clark traveling the world and trying to "find himself" (which some of the set pics seem to suggest, with him going to that Alaskan town and working on the oil rig ) can make him relatable.

but, they have to walk a fine line. you can't make Clark all angsty and surly and getting drunk in bars and picking fights. Even if he's trying to find his place in the world, I still want to see Clark being willing to help people out with no hesitation (perhaps using his powers in secret).

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote