View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #110
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

I can't wait to see it too. Because I KNOW what an amazing character he is, but the GA doesn't know the full extent of that.

I mean, I was having this arguement yesterday with a friend who said the MOS reboot was pointless because everyone knows Superman's origin.

And I said 'No, they really don't', because all people really know is Donner's origin. Kents find him, teenage Clark has an angsty moment, Pa Kent dies, Clark goes off to the arctic, Ice Castle rises up, Clark goes in, Superman flies out.

Basically, Clark becomes Superman because Jor-el tells him to. He tells him the rules, he tells him what to wear.

And that's not an origin I've ever been remotely interested in.

It is SO neccesary to reboot. It is so neccesary to really show Superman's character the way he is in his greatest stories. The guy who DECIDES to become a hero because he WANTS too. The guy with this incredibly strong respect for life, who feels the responsibility of the power he's been gifted with. The guy who grew up with pretty much a human childhood, with the same thoughts and feelings we all have, and who simply believes the goodness in the human race is something worth fighting for.

Not because he's some saviour from another world, not because it's his destiny... But because it is HIS world, and he cares about it.

That's why stuff like those prophecy rumours scare the heck out of me

hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote