View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #54
Dangerman
the end is nigh

Default Re: BEWARE Spoilers: 11.2 - DETECTIVE - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Now that I've had time to think it over:

He's made Stephanie far more important to Batman than she is in a role that, given his justification for her use, and the identity, should have been fulfilled by Grayson. Although she was decent as Batgirl, written by Miller, to me she will never ascend to anything higher than a supporting character to Tim Drake, hence why she was the lowest ranked member of the Bat-Family. He passed over several better characters for a character he is already familiar with and I bet will turn into a Mary Sue.

I don't don't like that, I don't like Batman's look and I'm not going to pick this up.
Agreed on Steph's role and place in the Bat family. Even in Batgirl she really didn't get a chance to shine because the book was cancelled before she could. Also as you said I will always she her as Tim's girlfriend. She is a supporting cast member of Tim Drake more than she was Batman. But I will still give it a shot since I am a SV fan and a Superman fan but I disagree with using her. I would have been ok with any of the four Robins but her. I get the reason for why the JL turned out the way it did on the show and that was because over 95% of the league was tied up in movie rights so I get Flash, Cyborg and AC. But when you're off the air and have the DCU at your feet I don't get why you would use Steph when Dick could serve in that role unless they make Steph his lover or something like that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
eh.......I don't really mind. It's a different universe, so I'm willing to see how it goes.

I've always wondered what Steph would be like as Nightwing. Besides, this Steph could be portrayed much stronger.
I hope you're right.

Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote