View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #57
Johnny
Side-Kick

Default Re: BEWARE Spoilers: 11.2 - DETECTIVE - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerman View Post
But its still a Batman fans right to complain when it is their hero being dealt with. There is nothing wrong with them voicing their outrage or stating how they feel. Just like there was nothing wrong when Alan Scott fans got upset when they turned their hero gay before reading it or new 52 Superman's outfit. I actually can see why some fans might prejudge this book because given SV past history when using other heroes (not written by Johns) they have a right to be worried. However even though this might not be the exact same thing as long as it carries the name people will always worry. That's just SV curse now. The sad part is it turned many comic fans off that you prejudge it and move on when really this is a great book.
Fans prejudging something is maybe why I'm prejudiced towards them as well. I don't understand what the big deal is in turning Alan Scott gay, his personality traits are not defined by his sexuality and fans complaining about this I view it simply as homophobic. Like I said, they have the right to praise or criticize anything they want, I'm simply annoyed by how they take it too far every time something doesn't go according to their delight, again without knowing anything about it. In my opinion Smallville hasn't done nearly as bad with most comicbook characters as they say it did and I could never understand moaning about changing the characters and mythos in a show, where the exact goal was to show something different in the first place. I don't like these guys cuz most times they are illogical and they **** on anything they don't seem to understand.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote