View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #70
Johnny
Side-Kick

Default Re: BEWARE Spoilers: 11.2 - DETECTIVE - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I don't care to what extent Batman was a sidekick to someone in some mini-series, Batman is not known by any type of audience to be primarily a sidekick. There's no point to introduce him in a whole different and popular universe and make him one. The New 52 was an example about fans complaining about something like this here, which I chose to keep an open mind for, like I do for this here, not that it was connected to Smallville specifically. I don't care to what fans the comic tries to appeal, fact is both fans and non-fans read it and not all of them know or mind changes in certain specifics about characters like Batman's different sidekicks. OK, Dick Grayson is the most famous sidekick, Barry Allen is the most famous Flash too but they used Bart in the show not him, even though at first it may not make sense to use him in stead of the more popular ones. Here is the same thing - they didn't choose the most popular Robin or Nightwing but someone else. Big deal, Bart Allen was never the best known speedster and they showed him well on the show, what is the problem in trying the same with Stephanie, despite her never been a prominent sidekick before, too? I honestly don't understand what's your problem with this.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote