View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #113
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
reading through the thread, it sounds like a lot of you don't care for Captain Marvel much at all.
His early adventures were some pretty sweet galactic superhero stuff- and his ties to Rick Jones could possibly introduce him to the movie verse as well.

And though Genis-Vell's solo run by Peter David only lasted about 60 issues, it's very good. I found it far better than a large amount of the other stuff Marvel was releasing at the time.

I found the Ultimate incarnation pretty sweet too. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that on film. I liked how they made his human form a disguise altogether- he kind of resembled more of a prawn from District 9 otherwise.
If/when Mar-Vell ever shows up in the MCU, I strongly doubt they'll introduce the Rick Jones facet of the character. Marvel Studios never wanted Rick Jones for their Hulk mythology, and I don't see any reason for them to change their minds about him when Mar-Vell is on the drawing board.

There's just no place for a Rick Jones in 21st Century MCU. Sorry, Teen Brigade.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote