View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
Krumm
Beer Snob

Default Re: The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thosemortalmen
can you explain a bit with "natural part" thing??? i guess hair can be comb in anyway not to mention with a particular foam or gel or wax, you basically can made anything out of your hair.
As it suggests, you hair tends to go in a particular direction, especially if you've been styling it that way for years.

I can only speak from experience as I believe my hair is similar to Cavill's in terms of volume, waviness, and hairline. If I part my hair right to left (naturally), my bangs go up in a nice "wave" like a traditional man's haircut should. If I go left to right, my bangs curl down flat on my forehead, much like a little boy.

I'm not saying it's impossible to get it to go the other way -- I've managed it for Halloween once -- it's just difficult and may take a lot of product and time. Also, I think it would be much harder for curly hair, like Cavill's, to go against the grain than straight hair since the hair bends in a particular direction.

A Google search will show many forums on people want to know how to fight against it. And pictures of Cavill will show is hair mostly, if not always, going from right to left.

Last edited by Krumm; 06-25-2012 at 07:25 AM.