View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #21
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Begins is the greatest Batman Film to me.

Some of the opinions in here are not only baffling but unsettling. Batman Begins was a fantastic film, and remains one of the standout comic book films to date. Was it perfect? Of course not, but it's daringness to utilize less colourful villains than what had been done previously in the film franchise and some playful dialogue/redundant exposition are blown way out of proportion as critiques, especially when compared to it's successor.

Does TDK improve on these things? Of course, and not necessarily to "fix" anything, but due to a maturity in the direction of the story and Nolan's presentation. Does that make Batman Begins any less of a great film, or less of a critical tale in the Nolan mythos? Of course not. But were some of the perceptions on this site taken as gospel for Team Nolan, you'd think they were shooting themselves in the foot by bringing TDKR full circle with the original entry. Thank god Nolan isn't as ashamed of Begins as some of the fans are... it's a great film, a part of a great trilogy, and the end I have no doubt will be a fantastic testament to not only how good the middle was but how the beginning was as well.

Nevincer is offline   Reply With Quote