View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #90
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Man, I couldn't stand the characters in XMFC (outside of Magneto and Charles, who were great). I cringed every time the X-teens were on screen. I hope they're better in the sequel.

Avengers was a much better movie. XMFC was far too rushed and it showed in the final product.

I completely agree. The characters in X:FC were little more than cardboard cutouts beyond the two leads. And even Charles was a tad on the ridiculous side. He came off as the mutant Uncle Tom, constantly pushing accommodation and trying to get the government to use his abilities to help rein in other mutants. Moira McTaggert was inexplicably downgraded from a pioneering geneticist and Charles' equal to a bumbling junior g-woman whose first scene had her stripping off on the flimsiest of pretexts. Her last scenes showed her being mind-****ed by Charles and ridiculed by her superiors. The script badly screwed up the X-films' chronology, to what end it's hard to fathom.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote