View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #125
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah I agree. Even Banshee was chosen because he could use Sonar. They all had reasons some way or another. Unfortunately they werent brought on for their characters. Rest of the cast did good. Was watching again and the Performances and arcs with Prof X and Magneto still impress me even after multiple viewings. Those guys just sell it man. Still have my problems with the third act X Men fights and not enough of the team. But hope to see that improved on.
I guess the issue is whether the film would have suffered if they hadn't added in these minor characters. Probably not. Arguably, we didn't really need Havok, Angel, Darwin and Riptide at all. Havok could have been replaced with Sunfire if they needed an energy blaster.

But the X-Men films have always had a tradition of adding in minor characters. Except for the first two films, which were more restrained in that way and resisted the temptation to add in mutants for minor appearances.

Such minor characters either give us little Easter eggs and fan-pleasing moments, or people get frustrated over them because it feels like trying to force things into the film.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote