View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
^That's not how it works. When you introduce a character as a supporting character, people want to see that character again: as a supporting character. When you introduce them as a main character, they want to know more about their story, and so Captain America is getting a sequel, and Black Widoher w is not getting a solo movie. She's a more beloved character, but she's a beloved supporting character. That's what you're getting if you make BP a supporting character -> No BP solo movie.
Well, you do have a point: I can't think of a single spin-off film featuring a supporting character that did well. There aren't a lot to pick from anyway, but Elektra and Catwoman were terrible. And despite their efforts, Fox's "Wolverine" series is tired as hell and floppy.
Somehow though, I think a spin-off film with BP would be more successful. There's an audience there that has not been really tapped into yet for Marvel and I think would definitely support it.

Of course, I'd die and go straight up if they made a solo Panther film: it's far overdue. But I won't be greatly disappointed or shocked if they roll him out with the next big Avengers sequel.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.