View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #70
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
No offense, but not all those guys are cut out for the silver screen. Klaw and Killmonger are the best choices for a first and second movie respectively. Man Ape serves the same function as Killmonger, only he is far more lame and more potentially offensive. Also the Black Panther franchise doesn't have the rights to Rhino so he wouldn't show up.

Also I'm not sure Klaw wouldn't work better as just a guy with a sonic weapon, turning him into a sound energy creature would add a lot to the budget and I think this movie might want to stick to a smaller budget.
Why would it need to stick to a smaller budget?

Man-Ape serves a different function from Killmonger because Man-Ape is a bruiser lackey and Killmonger is not. Their stories are similar, I'll give you that, having them in the same place in a story doesn't work at all, afaik.

I mentioned Rhino for FYI purposes, Klaw employing Batroc, Black Knight, Radioactive Man and pinch hitting bruiser, even Man Ape works just as well. but I agree, Klaw works better with a sonic weapon/prosthetic at first, though having him dispersed into sound in case he is brought back in a sequel could be pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I agreed with everything you said until this. Black Panther in my eyes would struggle to get to a trilogy where as with Cap, I can think of 4-5 potential movies. Cap has a much stronger rogues gallery.
Hmmm... I see Cap as having a similar struggle, and I can easily see 4-5 potential movies for BP. As I look at it further, I think their rogue's galleries are actually quite comparable, aside from Cap's rogues having more face time over the years. BP has a Red Skull and a Zemo, and a merc for every merc that Cap has. Cap's foes have organizations behind them, I'll give you that. I guess I don't always see those organizations as 'better' than having four-five fleshed out powered mininos like Klaw and Killmonger have. It works better for Cap, I agree, because he has clobber-fodder to beat up on, but overall, I'm not seeing a wide discrepancy. Perhaps I simply haven't read enough of Cap's #3 and on villains to see how incredible they are, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Klaw, Man-Ape, Killmonger, White Wolf, Kiber the Cruel, Reverend "Dumbo Ears" Achebe....vs. Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Crossbones, Arnim Zola, HYDRA, Viper, AIM, MODOK, Serpent Squad/Society, Winter Soldier, even Batroc Zee Leapairrr....

...yeah, agreed, not even close.
Hmmm... Batroc might be on both sides of that fence, and adding Malice, Moses Magnum, Baron Macabre, Madame Slay, (the other) Black Knight, (the other) Radioactive Man, the Hetut Zeraze, and Wakanda itself balances that out quite a bit, imho. But your mileage may vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
BP has a superior rogue gallery to Blade and that franchise made it to 3 movies, so BP has the potential to go beyond that if they don't kill the franchise first (Blade 3).
Thank you. If the words "Captain America" are too distracting, just replace them with "Iron Man" or, if you think IM's rogues gallery is boss, Hulk. I know no one thinks his rogues gallery is amazing, right?

The way I might do it:
1 - Klaw and Co, Man Ape
2 - Killmonger and Co, The US/World
3 - Moses Magnum and Co, Kiber the Cruel
4 - Rev Achebe, White Wolf and Wakanda
5 - Something new/made up/extrapolated from his rogues
6 - Klaw Returns (sound form)

Last edited by DrCosmic; 07-11-2012 at 09:34 AM.