View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Green View Post
How long in the MCU timeline do you think "phase II" will take place after "The Avengers"?
I would imagine like 6 months at least, 2 years at most in the MCU timeline. That timeframe would allow for a bit of character development to really set in for IM, Thor and Cap in their movies, as well as the introduction of any new characters joining the Avengers franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengeME View Post
Even if the Avengers films take place in a span of a few months, what happens when Thanos invades? All of PII and PIII are happening in a span of a few months or a couple of years? I don't know. Just seems unlikely. Almost improbable. At least a couple of years need to pass. I don't see Marvel retreading previous territory. So unless the timeline moves at a snails place, the chronology will lengthen and characters will evolve.

I like how TDKR supposely has very large time gap since TDK. If the third movie leaves enough flexibility, Batman 4-6 could take place in between that with a younger actor. Plenty of time to explore so many Batman characters. That's how I would do a trilogy overlapping many years. Have a trilogy consistent with the age of your cast, without resorting to using makeup and CGI to age/de-age actors unless it is a neccessity.
I don't like the idea of the next Batman movies having to be set in the Nolanverse after Nolan is out. It seems too restricting in terms of the types of villains that he could face as well as the types of heroes that could cross over.