View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #18
OP84CC82
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Master Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Finger View Post
I actually think that it is a tough one to do...
I get why Nolan went the way that he did, I just think that the suit now is kind of over-designed. I get the removable Cowl... the independent neck.. makes sense in the environment that Nolan has created. But from the waist down, to me it's a mess.

I always thought that a period piece would be cool... like the 'ol "Elseworld" stories from the '80's and early '90's would be fun. Batman in a retro-type suit.. going after the likes of Al Capone or something? Have the Batmobile actually look like the way that it was drawn in the '40's. Like a film noir.

I like the "look" that Anton Furst came up with for the '89 film... and in that world, the suit can be a little more stylized...

But to do a suit with a nod to Neal Adams?.. to achieve a film with a colourful palette?... that could be hard to do... and lord knows we don't want what we got from the Schumacher days. Perhaps like what Snyder tried with "Sucker Punch"? A really "over-stylized" film... coloured like a comic book... with a 6'4" Batman dressed in Dark Blue and Grey... Neal Adams like.. chasing a Joker with the look of "Killing Joke" or "Arkham Asylum"?
Robin could fit in there and get his butt killed as well?

That's why I think the dark blue and grey would be tough... I'd like to see it, but it may be a hard sell...

I'd like a movie that had the feeling of the film "Seven"... rated "R"... like a good scary horror film... and have the "Man-Bat" show up. Scary... bloody... and I think it could be cool... have some cool transformation stuff like "The Howling" or "American Werewolf in London"...
but that's the young one trapped inside of me.

Now as far as the materials?.. they already use the materials that would work, I've gone in to "WAY" too much detail about my thoughts on that.
It just comes down to the design... and it's execution.
That's why I mentioned "Watchmen"...

I think the "Batsuits" have spent to much energy trying to make them really clean... body-shopped... and smooth.. I still think the look of the '89 suit works, and those steps were not done.
I , personally , liked the top half of the "Dark Knight" suit... with a different Cowl and Cape... get rid of the "grid" on the legs... and just have Batman pull over some Dark Grey material over the top of it at the end of "Rises"... before he drives out of the Bat-Cave to go stand by his parents grave. Thats the ending I want to see... like they did in "MOTP".. Bruce Timm gets it..

The material does not really matter.. it's the "look" of the material. Could be a cotton or a wool even... the colour is important... as is a big black Bat on the chest. But the material over the armor that is from the "Dark Knight" suit could be cool.

some one else's turn... those are my thoughts..
Some great insight. But I'm gonna have to disagree with you about the setting. I'm not a big fan of period pieces based on characters that aren't tied to a specific time period like Captain America. I like grittiness and I like a dirty looking Gotham. Maybe a mix of several aesthetics, but not going to far as to put people in outdated clothing and not having modern technology. More like a slightly exaggerated modern day American city. But not going too far into the past in terms of look and style.