View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #83
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
^ the closing moments of the interview is just so vivid with the image of Bale sitting there with the cowl.

End of an era.

Honestly, I don't want WB to make another Batman movie. Not for a good 10 or 20 years. This was the defining Batman film adaptation and its success says a lot on that. I hope we do not get a reboot anytime soon. Justice League or otherwise. Bale is Batman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
+1,000,000.
Agreed; I mean it's one thing to reboot a franchise if the last film was not received entirely well (Spider-Man 3/Hulk (2003), or not even at all (Batman and Robin), but it's another thing where the last film of a given franchise ends on a very and I mean VERY STRONG NOTE. To top things off, the two previous films before it were also strongly received as well.

So really, if Warner Bros. wants to even make another Batman film and have it be successful, no matter who they end up getting and how good that person is, they need one thing even more..TIME.

I honestly don't think that fans and audiences will be ready to accept another Batman after Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy until a lot of time has passed.

Anyways, regarding Bale's take on the character, honestly, it's my favorite one. There's just no real way that I can explain it.lol I mean the way that the character has been portrayed in both writing and acting, they make you care about Batman and his journey and how a job like his doesn't only present a danger to those that he goes after, but to his own health, and I'm talking more mentally/emotionally than physically.

I hated on how the past Batman films treated the material as if being batman wasn't something that would/could take a toll on the person donning the suit. Sure, Keaton's Batman was recluse, but there was nothing to me that showed that being Batman was hurting him more than he was already hurting at the start of his journey on film. The same thing with the following two other versions of Batman.

The irony here is that technically speaking, Burton's and Joel's Batman are in a sense from the same continuity, meaning that Bruce in that large continuity has been Batman for several years...and yet in the long run, hasn't made as big as impact on Gotham as Bale's Batman will who's only been Batman for 2-3 years tops.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote