View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #68
the great thor
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I don't know where the "Hawkeye is a leader" talk is coming from, but what makes Hawkeye a great character is he's sort of an anti-leader--a wise-guy maverick with a rebellious spirit who doesn't necessarily like taking orders--kind of like Han Solo. Like Black Widow, he has a criminal past and in that way he can relate to villains and believes in giving them second chances. He is a great foil for a leader like Cap as well as any superpowered hero, since he's a superhero who really has no powers. Again, they didn't dive into any of that in the movie, and that's probably why all you see in the character is that he shoots arrows.
i get the feeling you are a hawkeye comic book fan, but there is a diffence between the comics hawkeye and what we got in the avengers movie, which is more down the ultimates path.i have never had much use for hawkeye as a character, i understand what he is supposed to be( a rebel who doesnt like authority and all) but i just dont think he is needed or important to the team. lets be honest the avengers would have won the final battle without hawkeye.he is only there for team interaction, and you can replace such a person with someone else.

the great thor is offline   Reply With Quote