View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #69
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great thor View Post
i get the feeling you are a hawkeye comic book fan, but there is a diffence between the comics hawkeye and what we got in the avengers movie, which is more down the ultimates path.i have never had much use for hawkeye as a character, i understand what he is supposed to be( a rebel who doesnt like authority and all) but i just dont think he is needed or important to the team. lets be honest the avengers would have won the final battle without hawkeye.he is only there for team interaction, and you can replace such a person with someone else.
I'm actually not much of a comic book reader these days (I read some Spidey comics when I was younger, but not really avidly). Mostly, I just like interesting group dynamics in movies and TV shows where everyone brings something to the table, and I really like what Hawkeye brought to the table in the Avengers: EMH! cartoon.

In a group full of super-powered, super-smart, larger-than-life heroes, I think it's compelling if you have a regular, non-powered guy in the middle of it all, not taking any guff from anyone, occasionally offering a voice of dissent, contributing a different perspective. Again, I know how they characterized Hawkeye in this first movie, but since they really didn't develop him at all, I don't think they have to stick to the brooding loner personality with him. If he has a bit more screen time (and not under a spell) in the next one, I think they are free to explore more of who he is and what he does bring to the table.

Then again, you could maybe capture some of that with Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote