View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #84
AvengeME
Banned User

Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I'm sorry, but this is one of the stupidest and illogical remarks ever made against tony stark. You do realize who he is right? He's ALWAYS learning and building new tech thats beyond what the present technology of the day is. He just suddenly wouldn't stop learning and building new things... VCR's get dated and retired... Stark Industries does not.
Why would Stark Industries disappear? All I am saying is that Stark will one day retire from being Iron Man. He doesn't have to stop building stuff, but he won't be flying around battling Chitauri in his later years. Don't bank on seeing grandpa Stark fighting Thanos' kids in future MCU films. The MCU will have to move on without Stark's Iron Man from that point on as long as they maintain a single continuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Thanks, I'm not worrying about it--I said that because AvengeME is pretty adamant that they'll reboot after RDJ leaves the franchise.
No. Never said they would. What I think is going to happen is Iron Man 3-Avengers 2 and 3 will have larger time gaps. There will be unaccounted time to do more stories for Iron Man in between Iron Man 3 and Avengers 3 with new actors to prolong the timeline. Same continuity though. Think of the end game of Phase III ala LOTR:Return of the King. Still plenty of stories to explore if you leave the time gaps.

Last edited by AvengeME; 07-13-2012 at 11:46 PM.