View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #95
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 2

Sorry, but I can't co-sign any of that.

In my opinion, he applied the same lame "tactics" he used in "transforming" BET to Black Panther. His run had a very shallow, commercial feel to it--at least to me. And everything felt rushed. Especially the Storm marriage situation. It just came out of nowhere; very little development, hardly any background. It was, for all intents and purposes, an arranged marriage.

I remember rolling my eyes when he had T'Challa say something to the effect of "You've got me tripping boo." I was like, "tripping over what? You guys barely know eachother." Then came the rushed retcon story of their childhood which read like a "ready/mix--just add water" recipe.

He had an opportunity to take what could've one of the most iconic couplings/marriages--on par with Reed and Susan, Scott and Jean or Mary Jane and Peter--and handled it like a footnote. Perhaps he's not the "worst" writer of all time, but he was lazy as hell.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 07-14-2012 at 02:17 PM.