View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #99
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 2

Not sure why you're taking me to task on this; I've said that this was my opinion and I couldn't have been more clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Difference between being lazy and rushing.

Laziness is rushing.. Here's an equation that has proven true over and over again in life: Laziness + Rushing = Cutting Corners/ Fail.
The responsibility of a writer to finely craft a story in a cohesive manner for readers. When you "rush" (as you've put it) and cut corners (i.e. the aforementioned Storm/T'Challa engagement), elements of that cohesion is lost. The end product is damaged as a result.

We are discussing those results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic
Hudlin did a great job. It really doesn't matter how many nitpicks we have of his approach, he executed it well, and it met with a lot of success. Calling him the worst (Panther) writer ever is just silly hyperbole, and such comments should not be taken seriously. If you disliked his approach, that's fine, call it like it is, but some people try to make their opinions seem like more than they are and try to call the writer's entire career into question because T'Challa was cooler or more race-conscious than they would have liked. That's silly, and intellectually dishonest.
It is fine that you believe he did a great job. There are no doubt many that agree with you. However, that is your opinion.

I, however, am not going to disregard your summation of his run the way you've done mine. Nor will I insult your intelligence by equating it to dishonesty. Instead, I'm going to let you reread what you've posted above and give you a moment to think about your "approach".

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 07-14-2012 at 05:34 PM.