View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #91
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

^ i love that little bit between Bruce and Rachel. It's a spearhead. How utterly PROPER a thing to give to the Dark Knight The scene that followed, with Alfred chasing after him and Bruce climbing down to the cave... that is just vintage Batman, something straight out of the comics or the animated series (or even Adam West's if you count the rush!)

Still one of my favourite scenes to date and yeah. I agree, that's the one point where he genuinely seems happy. He's a man who is content when he's engaged in his crusade. Can't get anymore heroic than that.

I'd say that he was also happy somewhere in the beginning of TDK, when he was with Gordon and Dent and they were doing the hero-thing so well before the Joker showed up. Gordon's surprising revival was no less an uplifting moment than that but yeah. Bruce is the happiest whenever he's busy Batmanning around. heh.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote