View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #104
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

yeah he seems to have that Bruce Wayne calmness in him these days. Though from that shot of him in the suit, i dunno, he buttons it too tight right? That seems a bit uncomfortable, he isn't rocking the vest-look as much as JGL imo. But yeah, an early 20th-century dress up would've looked great in these films, I recall Maggie Gyllenhaal sporting something evocative of that period in some of her shots with Eckhart. And of course, Anne Anne Anne!

Looking forward to that masque scene. My brother was complaining how in that clip in "The Bat" Bale faking the cane is too obvious. I never noticed that, but maybe i'm too partial to this to notice any shortcoming, lol.

That cane really leaves a strong visual mark, and yes, for some reason, reminds me of the Gilded age.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote