View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #21
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Does The Falcon Need A Superpower Upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
cybernetic implants, hollow bones, super serum knock-off, all just fine with me.

The ability to "fly" (more like glide) via a mechanical harness, plus martial arts training, just doesnt cut it.

Even the new Bourne , a much more realistic character/story, has super-human augmentations. And I'm actually hoping theres some reference to BW's having some sort of enhancement in the next movie.

So I say yes yes yes. Nothing too radical, but something to put him on par with Cap, and make his flying more plausible.

A "super soldier experiment gone wrong" subplot would do the trick.

Flying at high speeds/altitudes without an IM-style power suit is just bat **** crazy. Even in the context of a CBM. A Hammer Industries knock-off would be better than mechanical wings and a jet pack.
If it was a simple thing to design a Stark-style suit, then everybody would be doing it. Iron Man's technology is unique, largely due to the arc reactor tech. *That's* what separates his suits from just yer basic flying shellhead.

Weaponized mechanical wings may not be an ideal gadget, but neither is a bow with nifty arrows, nor "widow's bite" tasers mounted on your wrists. But this genre isn't about practicality or reality, it's about style. And a dude flying around like a guardian angel --- OF DEATH!!! FROM ABOVE!!!!! --- is definitely stylin'. Ya know?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote