View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Ever hear of Waco, or Ruby Ridge.....?

If the US government chooses to make Tony Stark an enemy of the state (regardless of the actual truth of such a description), they wouldn't hesitate to call down artillery on his ass...ets.

"Posse comitatus" in U.S. law is usually translated as "toilet paper."
While it could very well be military helicopters, I just feel it's more likely the Mandarin and his forces doing it, based mainly on the description of the scene making it seem like the Mandarin would do everything he could to silence Stark:
Quote:
The final big set piece was when a bunch of helicopters with rocket launchers come and destroy Tony's giant house, causing it to tumble into the sea. Tony gets into the Iron Man armor in time, but Pepper Potts is also caught in the disaster. And Tony watches all his spare Iron Man suits blowing up one by one. Tony is flung out into the water and carried down by the undertow. Over this, the voice of the Mandarin says, "Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. Lesson number one: Heroes. There is no such thing. As you cry out for mercy, you will be silenced."