View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #31
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Am i the only one that doesn't like how this is going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Screenrant has a rumor that Black Widow and Hawkeye will be in Cap 2, which kind of does make sense...

Black Widow was awesome in Avengers, so they would want to get her back on the big screen before Avengers 2, and since the Winter Soldier is in the film, they can really play well with that...

Hawkeye needs screen time!! People that don't know anything about comics, don't even know that Jeremy Renner was playing Hawkeye, to them he was just a SHIELD agent with a bow and arrows.

Maria Hill will probably be added to the film as well, alongside Nick....

and I'm hoping they at least have a reference or cameo or a tiny role for Carol Danvers... (crossing fingers)
Feige has said that Cap 2 would be most closely related to SHIELD and the events of The Avengers. The quote about "a number of people who stay in SHIELD makes me think of BW, HE and Nick Fury possibly having some role to play in this. Also, I'd LOVE to see a Carol Danvers cameo, if only casting her weren't so important! (Though Marvel has been known to recast...)

Quote:
Captain America 2, how much are you going to…obviously it’s taking place after the events of The Avengers. A lot of talk of maybe doing some stuff back in time. Are you still figuring that out? Feige: We’re still figuring that out. We love that cast, we love his dynamic with that cast and we want to see that again…the cast from the first movie; we want to see that again because I think it informs his character in a big way. But the primary storyline takes place post-Avengers, Steve figuring out his place in the world. Tony goes back to Malibu, Thor goes back to Asgard, but there are a number of people who stay in S.H.I.E.L.D. Steve, for the time being, is going to be one of them.
What might be difficult is if they try to shoehorn the cast from the first movie into too many flashback sequences and the movie becomes imbalanced. But even if they do bring them back in some capacity, I think they'll handle it properly and make sure it doesn't take too much away from the primary storyline.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote