View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #55
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Critic Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
It's sad that, amidst the sea of glowing positive reviews, the emerging story that's getting real traction is the 2 negative reviews and the vitriolic abuse and death threats those who wrote them have been subjected to.

DEATH THREATS. Over a review.
Aaaah, reminds me of the good ol' days of death threats over Michael Keaton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
I also noticed that there are two reviewers from the same newspaper in Australia who both rated it negatively. I believe their reason was that it was too big and boisterous, but they rated the Avengers excellently when that is almost a carbon copy of Transformers.

They also rated uninspiring and boring movies like Captain America fresh despite TDKR obviously being a higher quality product. It just seems like they want to go against the grain, especially because they work together.

edit - Andrew Urban - rotten - but a bloated one, full of the bling of blockbuster superhero filmmaking, from the giant stunts...

This is the guy who rated Avengers fresh yet it sounds like it could be written for that movie, and he is not the only one. Marshall Fine did the same thing; they just seem like fanboys arbitrarily rating these movies based on their favorite company.
Of course they are. They're reviewers: people giving an opinion. Not any different from what you can find here. What are poeople expecting from them? To tell us what is actually really good? They're just telling us what they think/feel.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote