View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 01:34 AM   #116
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I don't want to clog this thread yet with bajillion spoiler tags but I do have just this one question for those that have seen it:

(don't read if you haven't seen it yet)
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Did the movie end with the Wayne name/legacy on good standing? From what I read/heard, no one (with the exception of few) knew that Bruce is Batman so it's not like Gotham knew about his sacrifices. Most thought/assumed that he just died from the attacks/raids on the rich. So did he die with people still thinking that he was this crazy, hermit (who did return back to normal) that ended up being penniless and that was it? Is the only thing he left Gotham to remember the Wayne name by the Wayne manor?

Bruce leaving a mark on the Wayne legacy is something I consider to be very important so I'm curious on this one.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Gordon effectively realised that Bruce was Batman just as he took off in The Bat. Well before that, Bruce is removed from the board - to which Fox even agrees, goes back to Wayne Manor, has a funky time with Tate and while doing so the power is cut off. Bruce goes out to take on Bane (he arranged with Selina, he said he knew Batman and he wanted her to lead him to Bane, and they do so - cue the "don't be shy" scene. Bruce gets smashed in combat, sent overseas and after returning from the pit, meets Selina out on the street and later they meet up as Batman/Catwoman where he gives the batpod to her. She was going to do the job and ride out of town, but Batman says there's more to her than that, she says she's sorry to keep letting him down. Bruce isn't seen in public again, only as Batman. It's a bit vague, I really need to see it again, but I think pretty much Wayne's will was used with a positive impact

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote