View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #56
Minus Shock
Captain Simple Jack

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Critic Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPiltoff View Post
You're in absolutely no position to be acting like 'oh too long? psh, watch this - IT'S THE LAST MOVIE! Criticism solved.'

That guy has seen the movie, you haven't. Wait until you see it, judge for yourself, and leave other people alone who have different opinions. You'll be amazed at how much stress 'live and let live' will save you in the next few days.

By the way, "The last movie. It better be long. It's farewell to fans." is a terrible argument.
I disagree heavily with you. It's pretty clear that people are rating this movie not as much based off the quality of the film but the content. I suppose you can argue back and forth that content drives quality, but I don't think that way. I think it's the movies. A Transformers movie COULD be great if it were given half a thought at story and actual film making tactics applied, like acting... direction... etc. It's a movie, they are fantasy no matter what the genre (see Magic Mike, there aren't that many awesome looking male strippers who ARE into chicks) but as long as the actual film making end of things is solid the movie will be at least solid.

Being harsh on a movie because of the villain they used is one of the silliest things I have ever heard. As someone said... Fans pressured Marvel into pressuring Rami to use Venom and look what we got. Because the movie has huge action pieces.. Uhm did you forget what movie you were going to? That is LITERALLY like giving a Metallica concert a bad review because they played loud and fast music. The negative points that I have read thus far are just complete ********. I haven't heard anyone say the sound sucked, the visuals were bad, the acting was bad, the editing was bad, etc. In fact even in the negative reviews those are given praise. So I stand by what I have said and what it sounds like others are saying, The movie is getting a bit rail roaded because of how people think the movie should have been made. The reviewer should rate the movie they saw, not talk about the movie they want to make. idk it's insanely frustrating. I used to be a reviewer on a fairly prominent website a few years a go. I saw like two movies a week and would review them, so it's not like I am just pointing a finger, I don't really review movies anymore because anymore if you are being fair and being realistic it's boring. People will fluff their reviews to make a name for themselves.