View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #117
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan850 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
No one but a chosen few know what Bruce Wayne did, so yeah most of Gotham will believe that he died as a broke, ex billionaire weirdo...nothing about it is shown in the movie...although he did leave his House etc to become a how do you call it? Centre for children without parents...orphanage? And it's called Thomas and Martha Wayne house for ...children, something like that...that was in Bruce's will...So I guess might be remembered in positive light by that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Gordon effectively realised that Bruce was Batman just as he took off in The Bat. Well before that, Bruce is removed from the board - to which Fox even agrees, goes back to Wayne Manor, has a funky time with Tate and while doing so the power is cut off. Bruce goes out to take on Bane (he arranged with Selina, he said he knew Batman and he wanted her to lead him to Bane, and they do so - cue the "don't be shy" scene. Bruce gets smashed in combat, sent overseas and after returning from the pit, meets Selina out on the street and later they meet up as Batman/Catwoman where he gives the batpod to her. She was going to do the job and ride out of town, but Batman says there's more to her than that, she says she's sorry to keep letting him down. Bruce isn't seen in public again. It's a bit vague, I really need to see it again, but I think pretty much Wayne's will was used with a positive impact
Thanks guys.

I'm a bit disappointed that the philanthropic side of Bruce and continuing on the legacy of the Waynes were underplayed again since those were lacking in BB and TDK. It's just a shame that Gotham will remember him as that "playboy turned crazy billionaire that went broke" and that was the last Wayne that they will remember. But at least him giving the Wayne Manor and turning it as an orphanage will hopefully make a lasting impact to Gotham.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote