View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #38
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Agreed.
And I'm wondering now if the Air Force One set-piece might turn out to be the turning point....AF1 obviously gets attacked or shot down by SOME villain or other, and Tony is a busy little beaver running around saving lives (remember that there's an underwater set featuring a crashed jetliner...i.e., AF1). But what if the perception is that it's Tony himself that attacked the Prez's plane? We know Tony wouldn't do that, but the bad guys could spin the press to make it *look* to the world like he did. Ergo: Tony Stark jumps to the top of the FBI/SHIELD's Most Wanted list, and Outlaw Tony has to go on the lam out of the country to, say, China to clear his name.
Hmm... Kind of sounds like some misunderstood Spider-Man "I'm just trying to help!" Parker luck shtick. I don't know how much they want to be playing up the idea of US and China being at odds, especially after all their attempts to make sure China's on board with this movie. Also, didn't they confirm that they won't be filming in China?