View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #62
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Critic Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneis8feettall View Post
If proffesional critics must be objective and able to support thoughts with facts. They can't be emotional, can't be subjective about the movie.
Completely false. Critics are people like anybody else - it's a given that what they write is their opinion.

Now, that doesn't mean that you have to take all critics seriously. Because they're individuals with different tastes, you can find reviewers you trust more than others. I'm not telling you you have to take negative reviews to heart - if you think somebody sounds like an idiot for complaining about length or tone, fine! Feel free to discount them and never take them seriously again. But they aren't doing their job incorrectly.

Quote:
Their job isn't tell us if they like the movie or not. Their job giving their objective opinions.
WTF is an objective opinion? Please define that for me.

Quote:
A critic watch shakespeare's work and say "it's not good, they don't talk like average joe, unrealistic and poetic language is boring" That's just indicates he is amateur.
No, it indicates he doesn't like Shakespeare. In the future when that guy critiques something, you can say 'hey I remember this guy, he thought Romeo and Juliet sucked. I won't pay him any mind'.

Quote:
About being too long, it's only 13 minutes longer than previous movie. It's a conclusion, 13 minutes more is not much for ending a trilogy.
When critics say the movie is too long, they mean unnecessarily so. It's not '2 hours and 45 minutes? That's just too long!' Their argument is that the movie doesn't need to be that long, that the story could be tighter and more concise. You and I may see the movie and disagree, but it's an opinion - you aren't going to disprove it. And based upon your line of argument, you don't even understand the critique.

Quote:
Fan attack is quite normal. If they do their job bad, they'll be under heat. That's same about every job. Do it good or quit. Funny they can't take negative opinions about themselves but they give it easily.
Well that's just all BS. Fan attack is normal, but normal ≠ justifiable.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree, because to be honest you're giving the impression that everything you're complaining about stems solely from the fact that you like Batman. None of these criticisms would come up if they were in favor of the film. The final straw was when you acted as if the idiotic, predictable fanboy backlash is somehow a measured, justified response.

Last edited by TomPiltoff; 07-19-2012 at 01:26 PM.
TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote