View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #73
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Critic Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneis8feettall View Post
A critic MUST know the genre and if it's an adaptation they MUST know the source. They must know what fans expecting from that genre and the source material.
[face_palm] No dude. Are you seriously not grasping this? TDKR is a movie. It's not a comic book. It has to stand on its own two legs as a movie. If it only works if you're familiar with the characters by having read the comics, then it fails.

Also, Batman fans are not the only people going to see this movie. You and I don't need to read reviews because we're going to see this no matter what. This may come as a shock to you, but not everybody goes on SuperHeroHype.com and is a guaranteed day one ass in the seat. There are people who don't read Batman comics or keep up on Batman news, and they rely on critics to decide what they're going to check out. So again, knowledge of the character is absolutely not required for critics.

Quote:
I already answered your question about objective review couple of posts ago btw.
Was it when you said

Quote:
Reviewing something without having bias opinion (emotional,political etc), knowing the genre and what audience expect, if it's adaptation knowing the roots and what fanbase expect and things like that.
?

Because honestly, and I'm not trying to be a jerk, that doesn't make any sense. Objective opinion is a nonsense term, as is the idea of 'reviewing something without having bias'. Bias is inherent in everything. It's like saying 'hey I know you hate hamburgers, but put your bias aside and tell me if this is a good one'.

TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote