View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #190
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Best, The Worst of Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
U sure they're arguing about the ships and not about which chick is hotter? I of course hated the obsession with Clark's love life but a part from that they downplayed him to build up other comic characters, mostly Oliver.
And I don't care if they couldnt do certain things with the character, I would prefer no Lois rather than a bimbo airhead Lois with little intelligence and whose only purpose is to date any many she encounters. Which is why I said Lois should have left in S4 and not come back til S8 when the writers were ready to treat the character with respect.
smallville was a drama/started off as a teen drama of course Clark's love life was going to be made important. Lois was basically the same Lois in Superman the animated series, comics, movies and Lois and Clark series only younger and more adult(in terms of nature. Lois in Superman TAS dated Batman, Lex Luthor, etc and Lois in Lois and Clark dated Daily Planet reporters(one was part of the reason she became a reporter like Smallville Lois)before she met Clark, Lex Luthor, etc. And when she needed to used whatever she could to get a story. Sure Lois dated Aquaman(who she admitted later it was only for a day), Green Arrow and Grant who besides Clark were her most important relationship. Every thing else I could remember being traits in the comics(army brat, smoker, calling Clark "Smallville", always trying to find the truth, distrust of LexCorp and Lex Luthor, etc). I personally like some of the ways they did Lois becoming a journalist and how Clark and Lois ended up together but I guess everyone's tastes are different.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote